November 17, 2019
** Episode 102 ** Every now and then you meet someone who blows you away with their strength across multiple disciplines in the water. Scott Kennedy is one of those people. As a fisherman, surfer, diver, spear fisherman, boater, and more Scott takes us through his life growing up in Southern California, migrating to Northern California, learning his skills in the ocean the hard way - on his own, and finding great adventure and memories throughout. From hand-shaping surfboards to a love of body surfing, working in aquaculture and sustainable seafood consulting, Scott gives us a unique and humble perspective on the ocean we all love.
If you like what you hear today, take 5 minutes and visit FishWise.org
and read a few things about your favorite, tasty fish and educate on best purchasing practices for you and your family. Let’s use our wallets to let seafood companies know how important sustainable fish populations are to us all. Thanks for caring about the ocean and thanks for being here today sharing in the ocean life of Scott Kennedy.
* Other pieces of our conversation *
- Fishing for yellowfiin tuna on the Pacific Dawn charter boar
- Scott's 16ft Radoncraft skiff (boat) he spent over 600 hours on -- adventure, fishing, more
- Learning his way in the ocean around La Jolla, CA -- trial by fire
- Hand-shaping over 60 surfboards to continually experiment with different styles of craft to ride waves on
- Anticipation and excitement for his growing family and what it means to get his kids in the water
- Recent surf trip to the Maldives